CAREGIVERSPRO-MMD (C-MMD) is a digital platform, integrating a broader diagnostic approach, incorporating the live-in family caregiver – people with mild cognitive impairment or mild to moderate dementia dyad and considering this dyad as the unit of care.
Regarding the social media plan, the considered intended audience is divided in two main groups:
1. General audience:
People interested in dementia information, caregivers, early-stage Individuals, etc.
Caregivers: The caregiver is defined as any relative, partner or friend, man or woman, who has significant personal relationship with a person living with memory problem, and provides a broad range of assistance. He/she may live with or separately from the person receiving the care.
Person living with memory problem:
- Worldwide, nearly 44 million people have Alzheimer’s or a related dementia. (Alzheimer’s Disease International)
- Only 1-in-4 people with Alzheimer’s disease have been diagnosed. (Alzheimer’s Disease International)
- Alzheimer’s and dementia is most common in Western Europe (North America is close behind).
- Alzheimer’s and other dementias are the top cause for disabilities in later life. (Alzheimer’s Disease International)
2. Specialized audience:
- Scientific community (engaged with R&D activities related to neurocognitive disorders);
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease associations, networks and social media websites and communities;
- Healthcare professionals related to neuro-cognitive disorders;
- Policy makers in the field of health and social care;
- Similar EU collaborative initiatives.
The link of the full document (PDF) can be found there : C-MMD SOCIAL MEDIA PLAN